Para Español utilice el botón “Seleccionar Idioma” en la esquina superior derecha de la página.
July 12, 2021
During this past spring, working groups of parents and staff met to discuss a proposal to broaden our current scholar uniform options. Changes were proposed in an attempt to better support the needs of all scholars and families as well as to allow more opportunity for equity, self expression, and comfort for our scholars.
After much consideration, the following changes have been made to the scholar uniform for the 2021-2022 academic school year. Please see below for example images of these changes.
- Pants may be khaki/tan, black, or navy blue in color. Pants must be khaki or chino material. No jeans, leggings, or sweatpants are allowed.
- Pants with an elastic waistband are allowed including “jogger” style pants.
- Belts are no longer required.
- The color of skirts will match the updated acceptable colors for pants (khaki/tan, black and navy blue).
- Jumpers will remain khaki only.
- Footwear may be ALL black, ALL white, ALL brown or any combination of these colors. All footwear must be safe and comfortable to use during Physical Education and recess.
- Any color socks or leggings (worn under skirts and jumpers) are permitted.
- Any color long sleeve shirt is permitted under the Alma polo during cooler months.
- There is no change to scholar polo shirts — Alma logo embroidered light blue polo shirt for K – 4th grades and navy blue polo shirt for 5th – 8th grades are still required.
- Alma logo embroidered crew neck sweatshirts & ¼ zip sweatshirts are allowed in navy blue or gray for all grades, K-8.
- No hooded sweatshirts are allowed.
**NOTE – Nothing has been removed from the previous scholar uniform. All items previously worn are still acceptable.
All new items have been added to the Superior Logos order form. As always, items can be purchased at any retailer and taken to Superior Logos for embroidery.
We greatly appreciate all the input we’ve received from our families on this policy and encourage everyone to continue to attend parent working groups to ensure that your voice is heard.
Have a great summer!
Examples of acceptable pants/skirts & jumpers
Navy blue, khaki, tan or black
Jogger style bottoms
Skirts in Navy blue, khaki tan or black
Jumper dresses khaki only
Examples of acceptable shirts/sweatshirts
***all tops must be embroidered with the Alma del Mar logo
Polo tops long/ short sleeve Lt. blue K-4, Navy blue 5-8
Navy blue cardigan sweater
Navy blue fleece sweater
Quarter-zip sweatshirt grey or navy blue
Crew neck sweatshirt grey or navy blue
Leggings, undershirts, socks & shoes
Any color leggings are acceptable under skirts and jumpers
Any color undershirt is acceptable under polos
Any color socks can be worn
All black/white or brown or any combination of these colors are acceptable