Traduzca el sitio web: ‘Select Language’ en el menú superior
Dec. 22, 2021
Dear Alma Families:
We are so excited to share with you that everything is on track for your scholar to begin attending their brand new school building in January! We are so appreciative of your patience and flexibility as we as a school community have navigated the various challenges that came with our temporary school sites. We can’t wait for you all to see your new school building!
To help us prepare for the move, all scholars at all Alma campuses will be dismissed early, at 12:30 pm, the week of January 3-7, 2022. The new Frederick Douglass Campus building, located at 767 Church Street, will open to scholars and staff the week of Jan. 10!
We are very excited for the first time ever at an Alma campus to have a fully off street drop off and pick up system. This is best for families, our scholars, and our neighbors! There are several updates to policies and procedures that come with this move to a new school building. We would like to outline those updates below:
- School day hours will remain the same beginning Jan. 10: Doors open at 8:30 am and dismissal begins at 3:30 pm. Scholars will be marked tardy after 9 am.
- All dismissal changes must be reported to the MAIN OFFICE by 12PM on regular dismissal days and 10AM on half days. We will not accept any dismissal changes/early dismissals after 3 PM except for in the case of a true emergency or it was communicated to the Main Office prior to 12PM.
- Your scholar may arrive by personal vehicle, bus, van, or by walking or biking to school. We will share more specific instructions for these procedures during our follow up Family Zoom on Tuesday, Jan. 4th.
- Families should have received new bus route information earlier this month, to go into effect on Monday, Jan. 10. Please contact Sarah Charest at 774-762-4064 or Jaimee DaPonte at 774-762-4897 with any questions or concerns.
- In January, masks will still be required on the bus and inside the school. Please preview this with your scholars. In the new building, all scholars will get outdoor mask breaks on our new playground or basketball courts.
- If your child takes medication at one of our sites currently, those medications will be transferred to this new campus by our nursing team. As always, please reach out to our nursing team with any changes in medications or needs for your scholar.
- Afterschool Program and enrichment clubs will begin on Jan. 24th, and our NEW gymnasium will be open to use for some of these activities!
- All families will be invited inside to see their scholar’s new classroom and tour the school building on Thursday, Jan. 27th. Please note that no family members or visitors will be allowed inside the building the first two weeks of school unless it’s an emergency.