Secondary School Guidance
Alma del Mar is committed to ensuring every scholar is on the path to college when they leave our schools after eighth grade. Our Secondary Schools Guidance program is designed to support and engage Alma middle school scholars in applying to secondary schools.
Our guidance counselors work to set our graduating eighth graders up for success through high school and beyond.
This work, which begins during the first month of seventh grade, includes:
- Educating scholars and families about their secondary school options
- Helping scholars with their school interviews and applications (including financial aid)
- Building relationships with the schools our alumni attend
- Keeping regular communication with families
- Hosting a secondary schools fair where Alma middle school scholars are able to interact with representatives from more than 30 secondary schools across New England
High School Informational Night Presentation Slides
High School Choice Process Timeline